Warm, easy on the stomach and comforting- Khichdi is like a hug in a bowl, isn’t it? No matter what you eat, no other cuisine does the trick like a Khichdi. After all, this humble Indian dish hits the right spot. While nothing can match a simple, homemade Khichdi, a fine dining restaurant in Dubai has given this humble dish a fancy makeover. Tresind, Dubai makes the famous India Khichdi by adding spices and flavours from the states of India. Here’s what’s special about this dish.
The 20-Ingredient Khichdi Takes 25-30 Minutes To Be Cooked & Serves 3 People
Influenced from the royal Indian kitchens, ‘Khichdi Of India’ brings out the essence of the country. And if you thought you can polish this off in one go, you maybe wrong. This is no normal Khichdi. Made of 20 speciality ingredients, each picked from a different state in India, the Khichdi needs an army to be wiped off.
Here’s what goes into making this Khichdi:
1. Apricots form Kashmiri
2. Green Apple from Himachal Pradesh
3. Butter from Punjab
4. Ghee from Hariyana
5 Pickle spice from Rajasthan
6. Papaya chutney from Gujarat
7. Garlic chutney from Maharashtra
8. Curry leaf from Karnataka
9. Pink pepper corn from Kerala
10. Podi spice( gun powder) from Tamil Nadu
11. Gongura leaf pickle from Andhra Pradesh
12. Biryani spice from Telangana(Hyderabad)
13. Chenna( cottage cheese) from Orissa
14. Mustard from West Bengal
15. Chilli from Assam
16. Ginger pickle from Arunachal Pradesh
17. Seesme seed from Chhattisgarh
18. Neembu Sev from Madhya Pradesh
19. Raw Mango from Uttar Pradesh
20. Chana( Sattu) from Bihar
Well, if the ingredients are this long, we only want to imagine what the cooking process must be like! It takes 25-30 minutes to prepare the India Khichdi and the dish can be shared between three people. The Khichdi weighs one kg and costs AED 170. The dish is available everyday at Tresind, Dubai.
So, are you ready for the binge?