Do you know what the best part about living in Dubai is? Well, it is that there’s so much that one can do over the weekends. The city is always bustling with something new, and if not that, there are tons of weekend trips that you can take in Dubai from UAE that too in under four hours. Read on to know more about it.
- Hatta: Hatta is approx 2 hours from Dubai and is located on the Oman border. And if you want to get adventurous over the weekend, this is your place to be. From paddle-boarding to Kayaking, there’s a lot you can do at Hatta Dam. You can even enjoy a horse ride or explore the 3000-year-old Hatta Heritage Village. Being one of the most popular destinations in UAE, this place is perfect for kids, adults and everyone who wants to enjoy some adventurous activities over the weekend.
2. Ras Al Khaimah: If you love hiking and enjoy scenic mountain views, RAK is for you. With an approx drive time of 2 hours, Ras Al Khaimah is home to UAE’s tallest mountain- Jebel Jais, which is basically a trekkers paradise. And it also has the Jais Sledder ride, the world’s longest zip line, the Jebel Jais Flight and UAE’s highest restaurant. So if you haven’t been to RAK yet, now is the time to plan a road trip.
3. Abu Dhabi: Also the capital of UAE, Abu Dhabi is 1.5 hours from Dubai and is the most perfect place for a weekend trip and staycation. Home to some of the best adventure parks in the UAE, one can easily spend 2-days on Yas Island and enjoy all the adventurous activities it has to offer. There are tons of resorts in Abu Dhabi making it perfect to plan a staycation too.
4. Fujairah: If you are a water baby, Fujairah is your place to be. Known as the diving capital of UAE, Fujairah offers spectacular views and has varied marine clubs and beach resorts. It is the perfect place to go fishing, sailing, diving and snorkelling. Located on a coastline bordering Oman, you will also get to enjoy some scenic views of Oman.
5. Umm Al Quwain: One of the smallest emirates in the UAE, Umm Al Quwain has the best scenic landscapes and nature reserves to offer. You can visit an array of islands near the Umm Al Quwain that are covered with well-preserved mangrove forests. And you know what the best part is? It is just 1 hour from Dubai, making it the perfect road-trip destination.
Leave a comment